Presenting on “Internalising Energy” at VicWater’s Future State of Efficiencies Conference
Last week our Australian GM, Rod Boyte, presented to an audience of Directors and senior managers of Victorian Water Corporations on the increasing importance of energy due to sweeping environmental, social, and business trends, including:
- climate change and global carbon regulation,
- increasing pressure on natural resources,
- rising expectations about corporate environmental performance,
- innovations in energy technologies and business models, and
- plummeting renewable energy prices.
These global megatrends are pushing energy up the corporate agenda meaning that it is no longer sufficient to just think of energy as a procurement issue.
Rod outlined 5 steps he recommends for building a robust energy strategy and for internalising energy; and provided examples of organisations who are following these steps as an opportunity to create value in their businesses.
Contact our Melbourne office if you would like further insight into the work we are doing in this area.